Why isn't my purchase downloading?
There are a few reasons why a download may not be working from Gumroad. Here are the most common:
Downloading on Mobile Devices
Are you trying to download a file through the browser of your mobile device (phone or tablet)? Stop! Mobile browsers are not built for large downloads.
Instead, please use our mobile app to download files directly to your device, or:
- Download the files to your laptop or desktop computer
- Sync the files to your device. You can do this through iTunes, or My Computer, or whatever set-up your device requires
It may be the case that your internet connection doesn't support downloading large files (when downloading big files, sometimes your ISP has a time out limit) such as the one you have purchased. You can call your provider to know more, or click here to check if it is a general speed issue. You may find that sending the file to your Dropbox will be faster. Click here to learn more.
Worst case scenario - we recommend finding a faster internet connection (for example, at a nearby university, library, or coffee shop).
You can also try checking Gumroad's delivery servers here to see if there are outages in your area:
Gumroad supports all modern, updated browsers. Click here to find out if your browser is up to date. Older browsers are not only more prone to errors, but they are less safe to use (i.e. they are more easily hacked).
If you have extensions or add-ons running - such as Adblock, Ghostery, etc. - your ability to download larger files might be impaired. If you temporarily disable those features, then refresh the download page, the download may work better.
By going to the Settings menu of your browser, you will be able to disable your extensions. In Chrome, click Chrome > Preferences, and then Extensions to get to this page:
For Firefox, click Firefox > Preferences > Extensions
For Safari, click Safari > Preferences > Extensions
For Internet Explorer, click Tools > Manage Add-Ons > Show and select the add-ons you want to turn off.
Help us help you
To get an error report for us, please do the following:
2. Right-click the page (anywhere you like!)
3. Click Inspect Element
4. A horizontal or vertical tab will now open up in your browser window. Click the tab that says Console
5. Refresh the page
6. Click Download next to the file you want to download and wait.
7. Keep an eye on the Console area. If there are any error messages or warnings that appear. If you see any error messages (such as the ones below), please take a screenshot and send them to us. If you do not work full-time as a tech support agent and thus do not know how to take a screenshot, this website will teach you how. Don't worry - it's easy, and fun (if you are easily amused)!
Please contact us and we can help you out.