How do I compress my video with Handbrake?
For all our Gumroad filmmakers allowing their customers to download video products, we highly recommend compressing your files before uploading them. By using the free software Handbrake you're guaranteed to find a great compromise between manageable file size and video quality.
The basics of using Handbrake are as follows:
- Click Source and select your file.
- Ensure the correct title (and chapters, if you have them) are selected from the Dropdown.
- Set the new output file name.
- Use the encoding presets to automatically set up all the required settings. We recommend Normal for watching on computers and TV.
- Click Start to begin encoding!
For more advanced issues with Handbrake, please refer to their Support Page.